| Get Involved in Your Local Community
We want to recruit you!
We can't do this alone. It takes many involved, passionate people to build a movement and spread a message. Just wearing a White Knot makes you an integral part of this movement. But if you're interested in doing more, we encourage you to take the White Knot symbol, make it your own, and use it to work for equality in your local community. We don't have a centralized program of volunteers, so here are some ideas to get you going:
- Have a Tie the Knot party to get your friends and family involved.
- Distribute White Knots.
- Reach out to local organizations and get them on board. You can get messaging on the site to use. Possible organizations include:
- School groups
- Communities of faith
- Work groups
- Social clubs
- LGBT groups
- Progressive groups interested in LGBT Equal Rights
- Labor organizations
- Find out about and participate in local events in your area where you can distribute White Knots.
- Get your friends and family to like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.
- Help us find real people with stories of what the struggle for Marriage Equality means to them.
- And of course wear a White Knot wherever you go and engage people in conversation about Marriage Equality and why it's important to you. Your own story is the single best way to connect to people.